Krotos Audio, the company behind the innovative Dehumaniser, Reformer and Weaponiser product range, has announced the new and improved Reformer Pro. In addition to a variety of significant new features and improvements, Reformer Pro now utilises the world’s first Dynamic Input technology, taking procedural, sample-based audio processing to new heights.
Overview of Reformer Pro
After launching in October 2017, the first version of Reformer Pro offered users up to four sound libraries, an intuitive, tactile X/Y pad and customised response times for each source, tweaking playback speed and volumes to taste.
Krotos founder Orfeas Boteas comments: “Reformer Pro uses artificial intelligence and advanced signal analysis to allow you to perform sound effects with your voice or any other audio input. The software profiles the input sound in real-time, and then drawing from a palette of user-selected library sounds, uses that profile to sculpt a new sound effect. With this latest update, we are very excited to be unveiling the world’s first Dynamic Input technology, offering users a whole new way of interacting with their libraries, enabling them to perform them like instruments using the UI, automation, or MIDI.”
Colin Anderson, Managing Director for Denki believes that “What Krotos have achieved with Reformer Pro is easily the most exciting step forward in interactive sound design I’ve seen since the 90’s.”Although Reformer Pro’s innovative Analysis Tool lets users analyse their own sound libraries, Krotos has also released a growing collection of custom sound effects libraries, partnering with the likes of BOOM Library and SoundBitsto make over 100 libraries categorised into Animals, Electronic, Foley, Mechanical, Sound Design and Bundle options. BOOM creative director Axel Rohrbach said, “Reformer Pro is a very inspiring and fun way to use sound libraries. It easily and smoothly blends audio material.”
What’s new in the latest Reformer Pro?
- The World’s First Dynamic Input – create dynamic sound design without an audio input, use automation or midi to control your libraries, trigger transients directly, based on frequency via velocity-sensitive midi input, switch between an audio input and Dynamic Input for different ways of interacting with your own libraries, add variation quickly and easily, create constantly evolving sounds using ‘continuous mode’ (perfect for environmental effects or electronic textures) and combine with Extended Library View for a comprehensive range of results from a single library.
- Extended Library View – refinement of the results you hear from any library, precise control over each voice’s selection, and sample previewing and muting.
- Transient Engine – perform impacts and drum hits with a live audio input in real-time or any audio file in your DAW, add extra definition, layer multiple transients using two or more voices, trigger based on amplitude threshold and response, mix between transient and ‘classic’ Reformer Pro engines, tightly control transient playback using attack and release, and use the Extended Library View to select/deselect transient material from a library.
- Library Expansion – new ‘Electronics Bundle’ and ‘Water Bundle’ available to purchase via our Reformer Library Bundles page.
- Significant improvements in workflow and audio processing quality.
Trials, Downloads and Purchasing
A free 10-day trial license (iLok-based) for Reformer Pro can be obtained HERE along with links to purchase full licenses (iLok-based), online manuals, demos and tutorial videos.
Recommended Retail Price (RRP) of Reformer Pro perpetual license (plus the Krotos Bundle for FREE):
$399 for North America
£279 (ex VAT) for UK and the rest of the world
€329 (ex VAT) for Europe
To stay up to date on more audio news, sign up to our monthly newsletter to make sure you don’t miss out of news as well as our reviews and interviews.
We are also running a Patreon campaign to help support our team and help us bring you more awesome content at even higher quality!